Pork Tonnato Sandwich
- Spread the Tonnato sauce (see recipe below) liberally on each side of the bread.
- Add a generous couple of layers of pork.
- Add a few of the pickled onions to your liking.
- Serve with our Insalata di Riso or other delicious side.
- 100 grams of tuna in olive oil
- 60 grams of capers
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 125 ml of Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 egg yokes
- ½ tsp lemon garlic sea salt
- Start by putting the tuna, egg yokes, capers, anchovy fillets, lemon juice and salt into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Once smooth, open the food processor and slowly add the olive oil. The texture should be like a mayonaise or aioli.
- You can use it right away or store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Natale's Pickled Red Onions
1 large red onion
1 ½ cups of red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp Citrus Sea Salt
- Start by cutting the onions. We want them sliced in rings and then cut in half.
- Once the onions are sliced, measure out all of the liquid ingredients and add them to a pot.
- Bring the liquid ingredients to a boil for 1 minute and then turn off the heat and let them cool for 1 minute.
- Once the liquid has cooled for about 10 minutes, add the onions and let sit for at least an hour or overnight.