Stella’s Smokey Spiced Nuts
1 egg white
2 lbs. unsalted, roasted cashews
2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp Stella’s Table Smoked Spice Sea Salt
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (increase depending on how much heat you like)
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1-2 tsp Essential Salt
- In a wooden bowl, whip the egg white until it doubles in size (about 6-7 minutes). Make sure it is white and foamy.
- Add brown sugar to egg whites and whip until it is a syrupy consistency.
- FOLD nuts gently into egg white mixture until thoroughly coated.
- In a separate, small bowl mix together the Smoked Spice Sea Salt, cayenne, and smoked paprika.
- In three additions, sprinkle the seasoning mixture into the nuts, folding each time until thoroughly coats. Repeat until the mixture is finished.
- On two un-greased jelly roll pans, spread nuts in an even layer. Make sure they are not on top of each other, but it is ok for them to touch which will give you some nice clusters when done.
- Sprinkle the Essential salt on the nuts, making sure to distribute evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven for 12-15 minutes. At 8 minutes, check the bottoms of the nuts to see that they are browning. If light brown, keep them in the oven for the other 5 minutes and check again for a deep golden-brown bottom.
- Take them out and allow to cool on the pan completely.
- Once cool, store in airtight containers.
NOTES: Make sure to cool completely, but once cool store immediately in an air-tight glass container and share with friends.