Serving Size: 4-6
About 2 lbs. Carrots (halved lengthwise)
1/3 Cup Fig Jam
1 Shallot Chopped
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
3/4 Cup Olive Oil, plus 1 Tbsp
1 Head Radicchio, chopped
1/2 Cup Pistachios, roughly chopped plus a few whole for garnish
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. While oven is heating, mix together the fig jam, vinegar, shallots, salt, pepper and 2 Tbsp of water. When fully mixed, add the 1/2 cup olive oil and combine.
3. Mix carrots with 1/4 Cup olive oil and salt to taste, put on a baking sheet and cook in oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
4. In the meantime, take half of the radicchio, and cook in pan with remaining olive oil (1 Tbsp) until wilted and browned in spots.
5. Take carrots, both the cooked and uncooked radicchio, pistachios and fig mixture and combine in large bowl. Mix and place on a platter. Garnish with whole pistachios and enjoy.