Citrus Sea Salt Crust:
2 cups (122 grams) whole vanilla wafers
5 (76 grams) graham crackers
6 Tbsp melted, unsalted butter
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsps Citrus Sea Salt
Sweet Lime Pie Filling:
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
4 egg yokes
2 14 oz cans condensed milk
Zest of 1 lime
For the crust:
1. Grind to a fine crumb the graham crackers and Vanilla wafers using a food processor.
2. Add sugar and salt and pulse until combined.
3. Lastly, add your butter and combine until like wet sand.
4. Dump the crumb mixture directly into the pie dish. Using a dry measuring cup, press it into the pie plate, up the sides a little bit for a nice finish.
5. Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on it because you don't want it to burn. When you smell the fragrance of the crust it's done.
For the filling:
1. Separate the 4 eggs and add yokes to mixing bowl. Beat the yokes until combined with a hand mixture.
2. Add the condensed milk into the egg mixture. Beat well to combine.
3. Zest the lime directly into the mixture and incorporate.
4. Add the lime juice and mix thoroughly, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Pour the filling into the pie crust.
6. Put the pie in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes until it's set.
7. Let cool and refrigerate until set, at least one hour.
8. Top with whipped cream and serve.