Stella's Table Salts (as a finishing salt - pick your favorite flavor and sprinkle to finish)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast and salt until combined. You can either do this by hand our using the whisk attachment on your mixer.
- Pour the water over the dry ingredients until it forms into a sticky ball. You can either do this using your hands or attaching the dough hook on your mixer.
- Once the ball is formed, transfer to a well oiled bowl, using a scraper to get dough off of walls of mixing bowl if necessary. Shape the dough into a ball once in the oiled bowl. Turn the dough over and get all sides with the oil.
- Cover with a towel and let rise for 30 minutes, either in a proofing drawer or in a warm place.
- Prepare your pan (13" x 9") by adding 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil and brushing it to cover the pan, including the sides. If you aren't using a nonstick pan, sprinkle corn meal on the bottom to prevent sticking.
- Once your dough has proofed for 30 minutes at least, put into the pan oily side up. Using your fingers, spread the dough to the edges and corners of the pan. Cover and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Once proofed, take the dough out and using your fingers press down to make indentations throughout the dough to prevent bubbles forming. Using a brush, spread a little olive oil on top and sprinkle salt on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pull out of the oven when done, sprinkle with more olive oil and the salt of your choosing.
Stella's Buttermilk Chicken with Rucola Spread
Ingredients for the Chicken:
- Mix the buttermilk, pepper, Lemon Garlic Sea Salt and paprika together using a whisk.
- Slice chicken breasts in half width-wise so you have two thin breasts. Tenderize the chicken with a tenderizer or a fork.
- Place chicken in gallon ziploc bag and pour over wet mixture. Close and let sit for at least 1-2 hours or even over night.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet with a cooling rack inside. Drain each piece before putting on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
Ingredients for the Rucola Spread:
Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor and it’s ready.
Ingredients for the sandwich:
- Slice the focaccia in half width wise so you have a top and a bottom.
- Spread both sides liberally with the Rucola spread.
- Place the chicken down.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Put the top on and cut into sandwiches.