Crostini di Marco
Serving Size: 4-6
1 standard baguette cut into angular 1/4" thick slices
1/2 lb. ground pork
2 tsps Smoked Spice Sea Salt
1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
4 oz. fresh mozzarella pulled apart into small pieces.
2 Tbsp olive oil
Italian Parsley for garnish
1. Brush bread lightly with olive oil, place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
2. In the meantime, add oil to pan, heat on high and add pork.
3. Cook until starting to brown.
4. Add onion and cook until translucent.
5. Add garlic and cook for a minute.
6. Cook until meat is crispy.
7. Drain meat in a sieve inside a bowl to remove grease.
8. Prepare the crostini. First, add mozzarella to bottom of bread. Next, scoop the meat on top.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
10. Top with chopped parsley and serve.