Pistachio Crusted Chicken, Smashed Potatoes & Bilancia Carrots
Pistachio Crusted Chicken
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Pistachio Butter (See recipe below)
1 Tbsp Italian Parsley Chopped
Bilancia Carrots (Bilancia = Balance in Italian because these carrots are the perfect blend of sweet and savory and absolutely mouth watering)
4 large carrots, sliced thinly, preferably using a mandolin
1 Tbsp Lemon Honey Jelly
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Lemon Garlic Sea Salt
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup water
- Mix jelly, olive oil and sea salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large pan, add 1/2 cup water and 1/4 tsp sea salt. Wait for water to boil. Add carrots. Stir and saute’ in water for 3 to 4 minutes until carrots are al dente or most of the water is evaporated.
- Add the mixture to carrots. Cook on Medium/High and saute’ until most of the liquid is gone and the carrots are almost cooked. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Take off heat, cover and serve right away. Or store away and heat up for later. YUM.
300 Grams Pistachios, roasted unsalted (buy raw and roast on 300 degrees for 6 1/2 minutes ONLY).
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
2 tsps Lemon Garlic Sea Salt
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Use it right away or save for later.
Bag of small colorful potatoes (white & purple)
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Boil the potatoes in salted water (should taste like the sea)
- When potatoes are cooked, drain them and put them in a frying pan.
- Add olive oil to pan and turn to Medium heat. Using a fork or potato masher, smash the potatoes just a little bit to open them up.
- Add salt to taste.