4 demi baguettes
1/2 pound thick cut bacon
1 teaspoon Stella's Table Essential Pepper
1 tablespoon Stella's Table Porcini Sea Salt
8 large eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded, plus extra to top if desired
1/4 cup chives, chopped
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Prepare the baguettes by making a V cut down the top of the baguette and scoop out the middle until you have about 1/2" left in the bottom to hold the egg mixture. Place on a baking sheet.
3) Fry the bacon until crispy and then dice into small, uniform pieces.
4) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, Gruyere cheese, chives and bacon. Season with Stella's Table Porcini Sea Salt & Essential Pepper.
5) Poor the egg mixture into the baguettes (top with extra cheese if you wish) and place in the oven.
6) Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are puffed and slightly moist in the center.
7) Use our Pepper Fennel Versatile spread to top the cooked egg boat.
Pepper Fennel Versatile:
2 ounces yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, cut in half
1/2 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Stella's Table Essential Salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon (to taste) Stella's Table Essential Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Stella's Table Marinara Sea Salt
1) Sauté onion and garlic on medium heat until translucent.
2) Add peppers and fennel. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes on medium heat.
3) Remove the garlic & add vinegar. Cover and let cook until soft & slightly caramelized, about 20 minutes on low heat.
4) Add 1/4 cup olive oil and blend with an immersion blender (or standard blender).
5) Once mixture is smooth, add the salt, pepper and Marinara Sea Salt.
Mix and serve.