Chicken Vegetable Minestra
Ingredients for broth:
- 8 cups of water
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp kosher sea salt
Add salt and chicken to the water. Place stove on medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil until chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken and save the broth. Skim the broth and save. Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
Ingredients for minestra
- 8 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher sea salt
- 10 to 12 baby potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tsp Stella's Table Marinara Sea Salt
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 zucchini (can use yellow squash or combination of both), chopped
- 1/2 tsp Stella's Table Lemon Garlic Sea Salt
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to large dutch oven.
- Add onions, carrots & celery with 1 tsp salt.
- Sauté over medium heat - 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and Marinara Sea Salt. Stir until all combined.
- Meanwhile, in a separate frying pan, add 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and the mushrooms. Cook until browned and then add 1/2 tsp Lemon Garlic Sea Salt. Add to dutch oven when cooked.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil to frying pan and the chopped zucchini. Sauté and once cooked, add to soup mixture in the dutch oven.
- Add the shredded chicken to the soup mixture. Stir until all combined.
- Add the broth to the soup mixture.
- Taste for flavor.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer until potatoes and carrots are cooked through.