Chicken Pesto Frittata
Serving Size: 2-5
4-5 eggs beaten
1/4 cup red onion chopped
1 Portabello mushroom chopped
1 small green zucchini
1 small yellow zucchini
1/2 cup cooked chicken (mine came from a leftover roasted chicken)
1 tbsp ghee, butter or olive oil
2 tsps Pesto Sea Salt
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crack eggs into a bowl, beat them with a fork, add cream and mix. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the ghee (or butter/olive oil) on medium/high heat, add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Add the mushrooms and zucchini and continue cooking until the vegetables are cooked al dente.
- Add the chicken and cook for just a minute.
- Add the Pesto Sea Salt and continue stirring to incorporate. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Spread the ingredients across the frying pan so they are equally distributed.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top and let seep into the ingredients, tipping the frying pan back and forth to get full coverage.
- Let cook for about a minute and either cover the pan with a lid until done.