6 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into 1 tablespoon pieces
2 pounds baby bella mushrooms (cremini), sliced
2 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1/3 cup flour
2/3 cups dry white wine
5 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 parmesan rind
2 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
3 1/2 teaspoon Stella's Table Porcini Sea Salt
3/4 teaspoon Stella's Table Essential Blend Pepper
Creme Fraiche for topping
Parsley for topping
1. Melt 4 Tbsp of butter in large pot over medium heat. Once melted, add mushrooms. Cook until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms have browned. This will take about 25 minutes.
2. Once mushrooms are cooked & browned, add onions and sauté for about 3 minutes. Then, add the garlic and sauté another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Melt in remaining 2 Tbsp of butter and then add the flour. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring consistently.
4. Add Porcini Sea Salt and Essential Pepper.
5. Pour in white wine and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Stir.
6. Slowly stir in the chicken broth. Add the parmesan rind and the fresh thyme.
7. Remove 2 to 3 cups of the soup mixture and place in a separate bowl. Use an immersion blender and blend until creamy. Add back into the soup (this will help thicken the soup).
8. Bring soup to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Once ready to serve, garnish with Creme Fraiche and fresh parsley.