Tasca di Formaggi (or Bite Sized Pockets of Cheese)
Makes 40 tascas.
1 cup butter
4 oz. cheddar cheese grated
4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese grated
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp Stella's Table Essential Sea Salt
1 tsp Stella's Table Essential Herb Blend
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cups Semolina flour
8 slices of bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
1 jar of Stella's Table Apricot Peach Spice Jam
1. Cream the butter, salt and sugar.
2. Then add the egg and beat until combined.
3. Mix in the cheese and herbs until blended.
4. With a wooden spoon or spatula, fold in the flours and form into a ball.
5. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Roll the dough into 1 Tbsp balls and place on cookie sheet spaced apart.
7. Using the back of a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, create a pocket in the dough.
8. Fill each pocket with the Apricot Peach Spice Jam.
9. Sprinkle chopped bacon on each tasca.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.