Citrus Butternut Squash Soup
1. Sprinkle each half of the butternut squash with the Citrus Sea Salt and Pepper Essential Blend and bake at 425 degrees face down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake until a fork goes through the skin easily.
2. In a soup pot, warm the olive oil and add the chopped shallot and 1 tsp of salt. Cook, stirring until the shallot has softened and is starting to turn golden on the edges, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Scoop the butternut squash and add to pot and then add maple syrup and broth.
5. Using an immersion blend, combine until smoothe. Heat and serve.