Butternut Squash Ravioli alla Biscottini!
Ingredients - Ravioli Dough
2 Cups Flour
1 ½ tsp Olive Oil
Instructions - Ravioli
- Pour flour onto surface, either counter or cutting board.
- Create a well in the middle and add the eggs and olive oil.
- Mix together using a fork to whisk the eggs.
- Knead into a ball for about 5-10 minutes until smooth.
- Wrap in saran wrap and let rest on counter for at least 30 minutes.
- NOTE: If the dough is too dry and not coming together, you can add ice water a little at a time (start with ¼ tsp and mix for a couple of minutes before adding more.)
Ingredients - Butternut Squash
1 Butternut Squash cut, cleaned, peeled and cut into cubes
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp Fresh Pepper
Instructions - Butternut Squash
- Put butternut squash into a bowl and add olive oil, salts and pepper and mix.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast on 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until squash is cooked all the way.
Ingredients - Butternut Squash Filling
Roasted Butternut Squash (prepared above)
8 oz. Mascarpone Cheese
2 Tbsp Italian Parsley¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Instructions - Butternut Squash Filling
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate while you roll out your dough.
Instructions - Roll out the dough.
- Cut the dough in two equal parts using a pastry knife.
- Flour your surface and using a rolling pin, roll each half to equal size and width, about 1/16”.
- Place 1 tsp of filling on bottom pasta sheet about 1 ½” apart all around.
- Once sheet is full, use a little brush dipped in water to outline the ravioli to help keep it intact once cut.
- Add the top sheet and using your finger, press down to imprint each ravioli.
- Using a ravioli cutter, cut the ravioli out row by row.
- Carefully lift them and put on a lightly floured baking sheet.
Ingredients - Butternut Squash Ravioli
1 Cube Unsalted Butter
4-6 Italian Almond Biscotti broken into small pieces
10-12 Fresh Sage Leaves
Italian Parsley to garnish
Instructions - Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Boil a large pot of water and salt like the sea.
- In a separate, small pot, melt 1 cube of unsalted butter on a low heat until it browns. Add about 8-10 fresh sage leaves and let cook with butter.
- Place biscotti in Ziplock bag and pound them with a spoon or something heavy to break them into small pieces and set aside.
- Once water is boiling, carefully place the ravioli in the water (you can do this in batches if you have a lot).
- Put a frying pan on another burner and heat while ravioli are cooking on Med/High. Once ravioli are almost ready, add a little of the browned butter and sage to the hot pan.
- Let boil until dough is al dente, well cooked with a little bit of a bite.
- Take ravioli out with a slotted spoon and add a serving at a time to the frying pan and let brown on each side, just about a minute max on each side.
- Pour out of pan onto plate, add a little more butter and sage sauce, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and biscotti. Top with Italian Parsley and enjoy.