Serving Size: 6-12
- 23 ounces of French bread, about 2 baguettes (torn in pieces not chopped)
- 4 oz. of lemon garlic crostini broken up (recipe below)
- 1 large onion, 12 ounces, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 5 to 6 ounces chopped, peeled carrots
- 6 to 7 ounces chopped celery
- ½ cup raw cashew pieces
- 20 ounces of roughly chopped mushrooms or two bags sliced
- 6 ounces of butter (for vegan use Miyoko’s brand)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 ounces chopped artichoke hearts with extra liquid squeezed out
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 3 cups of vegetable broth (no-chicken chicken broth)
- 4 teaspoons of Lemon Garlic Sea Salt
The night before...
1. Make cashew cream at least 2 hours before but best overnight. To do so, take the cashews and put them in a bowl with 1 cup of boiling water. Let sit covered for at least 2 hours or overnight. Blend until creamy.
2. Tear French bread into small pieces and dry in the oven at 200° for 20 minutes set aside in a big bowl.
1. Chop onion celery and carrots and set aside.
2. Roughly chop the mushrooms and set aside.
3. Chop artichoke hearts and place them in a paper towel and squeeze out the extra liquid and set aside.
4. In a large and deep sauté pan, sauté the onions in the butter and olive oil until slightly translucent, then add the carrots and celery.
5. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they begin to release their liquid. Add the white wine and let reduce for 2-3 minutes.
6. Mix 1 cup of broth and the half cup of cashew cream together and add to the pan mixture.
7. Add Lemon Garlic Sea Salt and sauté for another 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Add the mixture to the large bowl of bread and mix together.
9. Add fresh parsley and the remainder of the stock and mix for another 2-3 minutes until the bread absorbs the liquid.
10. Place in a 9 x 12” baking dish and bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Broil for 5 minutes uncovered, but keep your eye in it so it doesn’t burn to give it a slightly crispy top.
Lemon Garlic Crostini
- 1 baguette sliced into ½” pieces
- ½ cup olive oil or can of olive oil spray
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Garlic Sea Salt
- Place sliced bread on cookie sheet.
- Spray olive oil or brush olive oil on each piece.
- Sprinkle with Lemon Garlic Sea Salt – about 1 Tbsp per cookie sheet.
- Broil on second rack for about 2 minutes checking to make sure they don’t burn and turning if necessary to cook evenly.
- When golden brown, take out and turn over. Spray or brush the second side and put back into the oven on the same rack for another 1-2 minutes.
- Follow the same process for the second cookie sheet.
- When done, consolidate the crostini onto one cookie sheet, ok to overlap.
- Turn oven to 250 degrees.
- Cook for 1-2 hours. This will make them last for a couple of weeks.
- Serve with delicious cheeses, a mushroom or olive tapenade, dried apricots and goat cheese, etc. or just eat them out of the bag!